About Me

My photo
Hi there! My name is Rosa Katrina G. Santos. The nickname is 'Kitkat'. I have a mutual connection with acting and dancing. In my fourteen years living in this world, I see to myself that as young as I am, there are challenges yet to come!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And This Is Where My Heart Is Into!

Dulaang Kruhay


Good thing about our school is, they promote co-curricular  development activities while harnessing the intellectual part completing a sound mind and body of students. And so as part of the curriculum, students are required to choose various organizations where they can join in. Choices range from sports, performing arts, bookworms, choir, martial arts and the like.  My friends and I agreed to try  performing arts (DULAANG KRUHAY) this year, a shift from our usual sports choice.  It was more of 'for fun' idea and not so serious about it. (Sorry, Sir Edmon) HAHAHAHA!

Remembering my auditions...

First audition:
"For fun, and past-time", these are the things in mind when I decided to join in. And so, when the initial entry process started, my friends and I attended the first audition. The executive officers of Dulaang Kruhay were held responsible for facilitating the first auditions. That's why I set my mind into a CHILL state. It was indeed fun. I would say that the atmosphere was light and easy. Result?  I made it. That qualifies me to go to the next level! YEY!


Second audition:
This was the scary part. My stomach started to have butterflies when I saw the students who went ahead of me, failed.  I noted that the club administrator (Sir  Edmon) is somewhat stricter than the first audition. I can still recall his previous warning " Don't ever show your face in front of me if you are not prepared", his words scared me somehow but challenged me.  So I proved him that I came in prepared.  I just thought, "Since I'm already here, I might as well do my best".  In case I fail, at least I still did my best efforts. At that time, when it's my turn already, I came in and immediately noticed a single spotlight on the stage, and I was like, Oh My Goodness! What the hell is that for?! Oh My Goodness! What'll I do? Should I run like a coward and cry on one corner? Then, a part of me suddenly said, of course NOT! You can do this! I belive in you. Fighting! Aja! These words of encouragement had been my source of confidence that time. I even think I was losing my mind back then. And so, As I laid my first step on the stage, the only word Sir Edmon told was "ARTE." And my reaction was like o.O Pardon? But, I know for a fact that  need to impress him. That's why I decided to portray an absurd character. And you know what?  To my amaze, I did pass the final qualifying round. They even told that I got a gold star. OH YES!


The VERDICT. Playing the LEAD ROLE on my FIRST.
P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E On the Go !!!

Hansel and Gretel

My first launching stageplay " HANSEL & GRETEL" landed me to play one of the lead roles.  I considered it as "a baptism" to test my commitment as well as my acting capacity, capability and skill.

As I progress...


Dance Workshop 2011 Doxology

Dance Workshop 2011 Doxology

Dance Workshop 2011
Costume Making Activity

Basic Acting and Dance Workshop Day 2- The Good Person and Bad Person Activity

And I'm The Bad Person. He-he! <3

Basic Acting and Dance Workshop 2011 Day 3

Basic Acting and Dance Workshop Day 3

Since then, I realized I have started to  love what I was doing. I became a better person too, I have outgrown my shyness. And my peer-relationship? I super love and like almost all of them, we talk about everything under the heat of the sun, anything our minds could imagine. We spend time to have fun,enjoy each other's company, laughing out loud for simple tricks. We are a big family of "extra-ordinary people" in KRUHAY.  

I have compromised the "gala" I used to have with other friends outside Kruhay. But I am blessed with good friends because instead of being "matampuhin" , they support me in what I do. That is why I try to make up with them through text messaging, chatting with them online, calling them. Ahhhhh what a hectic but exciting HIGH SCHOOL LIFE!


SO...

Did you Luh-v my blog? Or did you Luh-v my blog? <33

No comments:

Post a Comment